Friday, January 29, 2016

Review of the Medela Manual Breast Pump

Medela Harmony Manual Breast Pump

 My Amazon Review
4/5 Stars 
Yes, I had to use this due to complications with breastfeeding. The lactation nurse at the hospital gave me a couple of these, I'm not sure if they went on my insurance or not, but I didn't pay for them. They were a little hard to get use to it and it felt weird at first,not to mention clumsy. They worked okay, but not with hind milk, I could only get one to two ounces on each side using these to get the fore milk. Perhaps I just had a problem with letdown. When I did pump... ouch.... oh, my aching hands, I think I developed muscles that were never there before! I didn't last long on these. I eventually went to the electronic pump. But, I did keep these in case I needed them in a pinch. I kept one in the diaper bag in case of an emergency. Thank goodness I never had to use it in such a situation, but it was there giving me a sense of ease. Although, I never used these during a trip, I could imagine that these would work great when you are at an airport. Personally, I would use it in the bathroom. I have seen a woman use these on a flight before. She was pretty discreet about it while her husband held the baby as she pumped in the window seat. She had a blanket over her, I wouldn't have thought anything about it except that her husband was asking how it was coming along....

While I do not personally care for these, I would recommend these to any woman who pumps, even if she already has an electronic one. Hey, you never know, the electricity might go out, you don't have any in fridge, and you're forced to get formula at the store. Do yourself a big, fat favor and get these!

No comments:

Post a Comment